Friday, February 5, 2010

+++ Welcome to the Week of Gratitude +++

I was challenged last Sunday (in church, of all places!). It's a rare thing to hear a message that penetrates the heart, and a visiting preacher at a small white church in Firth, NE managed to do it quite nicely. As a response to his challenge, I welcome you to my Week of Gratitude.

Everyday I will post something that I am thankful to God for ~ be it small, "normal" or something significant in the past year of life. At the end of the week, I hope to have gained a good start on thinking of the past in the proper light - gratitude.

DAY ONE  

Good friends, though far away. These are the kind of friends that say, "If there isn't enough snow, we'll BE the snowman!!"    
You drive hundreds of miles to see them ... and still believe firmly that it's worth it.  
When you start quoting your favorite poem, they finish it with a smile. 
If you think the best way to spend a day is visiting Mount Vernon, they'll gladly join you.
They even love you enough to put you in a silly satin dress for their wedding - and then drag you onto the dance floor. 
If you're on a NYC Cruise and you need a date, they oblige. 
What would I do without them??



THANKS be to GOD for them!

1 comment:

Please add your thoughts here! Be my guest.