Sunday, December 6, 2009

--- Recent Cake-Bakery ---


Things have been hectic lately... but I did manage to cook up some delightful birthday cakes. Isn't it great that those family magazines have free online ideas? Here is a visual feast for you...

The skateboard was for my brother Preston's 18th birthday. Between the aesthetics and the sugar content, it was a success. (He graciously ignored the lacy cardboard base... it was the right tool for the right job... I guess.) The wheels are a combination of pretzel rods and mini chocolate-covered doughnuts. The skateboard is up-side down because the interesting stuff is always on the under-side.

 

The second was baked for my friend Jordan ... who deserves more than a cake for all of the Saturdays he's spent helping us chainsaw and split cords and cords of wood. Now that the snow is falling, the wood-burning stove is my favorite place to curl up with a good book. Ah, Winter, and the good friends that make it better.
The "logs" are pound-cake covered with chocolate (and coconut) frosting. I had fun making the flames from colored fruit roll-ups.. and the doughnut holes serve as "coals." You should've seen it on fire... er, I mean, with the candles lit. It was amazing. 




Philosophical and otherwise intellectual posts are forthcoming. First, let them eat cake. :D

~ Noelle

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great cakes, Noelle - I love them! You inspire me ... :)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts here! Be my guest.